Tuesday, August 7, 2012

some more tools to help make levels

Today I made some more tools to help design levels.  Mostly a bunch of small little changes to make the level designer not have to dig through code so much.  One example of something I added is a debug flag you can set to true to create and texture shapes for the placement objects, which are read in from the config files, and show them in the game.  This will make is far easier to visualize where these shapes are and to make sure the whole map has a shape under it. Here is a picture of two test shapes in my level:



I am also using the height setting that I added last time for these shapes.  Normally these shapes would be invisible and below the terrain, but I make them visible and above the terrain while I'm building this level.

No comments:

Post a Comment