Thursday, August 9, 2012

Fixed the bugs from yesterday

Today I fixed the bugs from yesterday's updates. 

Specifically, I fixed a bug where when the user presses the space bar to "land" and see if that spot is correct, the timer would get stuck until that text went away.  This was caused by a new "textLockout" function I put in yesterday to stop the input of new text to the HUD while something important is being shown.  This also stopped the timer from being redrawn to the screen, though it was still being updated in number(the time was correct, just not visible for 6 seconds or so).  I reorganized how the HUD system worked and it fixed the bug.

Another bug fixed was the string input from the user trying to "land" being super long.  I was unable to think of a good way to auto shorten these inputs to be displayed on the HUD, so I made it so that in the config file where these strings are placed, the maker can add "++" at the end of each line to indicate the next line is apart of that string  also and to add a "\n" in between them.  For example:

This is an example++
of my fix.

Would become "This is an example\nof my fix." in my program, and would display correctly in the HUD.

There were also a few other small fixes, mostly from the win screen breaking some functionality of the sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment