Monday, July 2, 2012

Last Week Crunch

This is the last week I have for this summer project, so it is time to get as much done as I can!

For this week, I plan on creating enough game mechanics to have a functioning game.  My plans are to accomplish one major mechanic a day.

Today I plan on making two mechanics.  The first is the mechanic that tells the user if they should build the wind farm where they currently are or not through the use of the HUD.  I will use an "invisible map" to look up what problems the user would face building a wind farm where they are.  For example, "You can't build here, the land costs too much!"  Or something like that would appear if they tried to build on the coast line.  The second mechanic is an opening scene of some kind to inform the player what the objective of the level is.  I was thinking of using multiple 2d screens to tell a quick story about each town and why they need wind power fast!  It would be sort of like a book telling of the story before they jump into the 3d world.

Tuesday I plan on getting sounds into the game to give the player a better experience.  Also for a smaller project, i want to get a visible timer so the player can see how much time they have left to build the wind farm.

Thursday I plan on using what I have created so far to make a well designed level (or more depending on how long it takes), with models for the city and scenery like trees.  The level will also include the invisible map of where the player can or cant build the wind farm.

Friday will be for general improvements and bug fixes, along with anything else that comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment